HANDS ON TRAINING AND LEARNING:
Since 1957 the Greenbrier Resort has trained some of the world’s top chefs and culinary leaders, accumulating a mere three hundred alumni since its foundation. The Greenbrier Apprenticeship Program is not a culinary school but rather an intense, hands on, culinary training program designed to refine and develop the skills necessary to be successful even in the most exclusive and demanding establishments in the food and beverage industry. It will train and challenge the young culinarian in all aspects of food production; furthering their knowledge of classical cusine and modern techniques.
Regional / International Cuisine
Food and Wine Pairing
Cold Food Display
Leadership / Ownership
"...in cooking care is half the battle. Unfortunately, no theories, no formula, no recipes, no matter how well written, can take the place of practical experience."
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY:
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Written Essay (as to why you should be selected to participate in the program)
- Photo of Yourself
- Stage at The Greenbrier
And one or more of the following:
- An Associates Degree or higher from an Accredited Culinary School
- Graduated an ACF Certified Apprenticeship Program
- Five years experience in a fine dining restaurant or resort comparable to the Greenbrier
ALTHOUGH NOT REQUIRED, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT CANDIDATES COMPLETE A FULL SEASON IN THE GREENBRIER’S KITCHENS BEFORE BEGINNING THE CULINARY APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
THE GREENBRIER APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
The Greenbrier Apprenticeship Program is Celebrating their 40th Commencement Exercises. Save the date, as we honor the chefs that came before us.